Re: Combinatorica: Edge Options

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg60042] Re: [mg60024] Combinatorica: Edge Options
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 04:43:01 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Bruce,

You could try the CombinatoricaGraphics package at my web site. It's
features are:

1) It uses ProportionalArrows and ArrowCurves to allow arrowheads anywhere
along a directed edge.
2) It uses the DrawGraphics CirclePoint for vertices.
3) Labels have backgrounds so they stand out better.
4) Instead of a range of options, there is complete freedom in the rendering
routines for edges, vertices and labels.
5) Highlighted graphs with multiedges and multi self-loops are more
correctly rendered.
6) It has complete Help documentation for each command with examples.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

From: Bruce W. Colletti [mailto:bcolletti at compuserve.com]
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

Re Mathematica 5.2 and Combinatorica.

EdgeStyle has values Thick, Normal, Thin, ThickDashed, NormalDashed,
ThinDashed.  How would I define my own thickness and dashing scheme
(presumably using Thickness[] and Dashing[]), if this can be done at
all?  I want to build the arcs individually, e.g., { {{4,7},
EdgeColor->Red, EdgeStyle->Thin, EdgeDirection->True}, {{1,3},
EdgeDirection->False,... }, ... }.

Likewise, EdgeDirection->True builds an arc's arrowhead.  How can I get
it to appear elsewhere along the arc, if this can be done at all?

Thankx.

Bruce