Re: How to set up a diff equation for circuit with a diode?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg62791] Re: How to set up a diff equation for circuit with a diode?
  • From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 13:40:54 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

your unrealistic assumption
| To simplify, we may assume that diode is a pure conducting device in
| forward direction and pure blocking device in the reverse direction.

will hinder NDSolve[] to work properly because the error term will infinte
large when the current change the sign.

A Laplace Transform may help you but that's not
NDSolve[]

Regards
 Jens

"siliconmike" <siliconmike at yahoo.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:dn0v2m$8g2$1 at smc.vnet.net...
| I'm kind of curious how to set up a nonlinear
differential equation and
| then solve it using NDSolve in case of the
following setup:

| Battery V in series with a diode, R and L.
|
| To simplify, we may assume that diode is a pure
conducting device in
| forward direction and pure blocking device in
the reverse direction.

| Now how to set up a differential equation for
the current I(t), that is