Re: How to set up a diff equation for circuit with a diode?

In article <dn0v2m$8g2$1 at smc.vnet.net>,
 "siliconmike" <siliconmike at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm kind of curious how to set up a nonlinear differential equation and
> then solve it using NDSolve in case of the following setup:
>
> Battery V in series with a diode, R and L.
>
> To simplify, we may assume that diode is a pure conducting device in
> forward direction and pure blocking device in the reverse direction.
>
> Now how to set up a differential equation for the current I(t), that is
> solvable using NDSolve?

Actually, this is an example in the built-in documentation. Evaluate

  FrontEndExecute[FrontEnd`HelpBrowserLookup[
    "DemosLink", "Chaotic Circuit"]]

and click on the "Demos" link.

Cheers,
Paul

Paul Abbott                                      Phone:  61 8 6488 2734
School of Physics, M013                            Fax: +61 8 6488 1014
The University of Western Australia         (CRICOS Provider No 00126G)
AUSTRALIA                               http://physics.uwa.edu.au/~paul