Re: Sending again: Symbolizing subscripts

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg62788] Re: Sending again: Symbolizing subscripts
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.ch>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 13:40:52 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Andrew,
if you do not mind if your output looks a bit funny, you may replace any
subscripted variable by a symbol whose name is constructed by the
original name and the index. E.g.

Unprotect[Subscript];
Subscript[x1_,x2_]:=Symbol[ToString[x1]<>"sub"<>ToString[x2]]

This will change any subcsripted variable into a symbol with name ...sub...

Daniel