How to set up a diff equation for circuit with a diode?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg62775] How to set up a diff equation for circuit with a diode?
- From: "siliconmike" <siliconmike at yahoo.com>
- Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 03:37:24 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I'm kind of curious how to set up a nonlinear differential equation and then solve it using NDSolve in case of the following setup: Battery V in series with a diode, R and L. To simplify, we may assume that diode is a pure conducting device in forward direction and pure blocking device in the reverse direction. Now how to set up a differential equation for the current I(t), that is solvable using NDSolve? Thanks Mike