  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg62775] How to set up a diff equation for circuit with a diode?
  • From: "siliconmike" <siliconmike at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 03:37:24 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I'm kind of curious how to set up a nonlinear differential equation and
then solve it using NDSolve in case of the following setup:

Battery V in series with a diode, R and L.

To simplify, we may assume that diode is a pure conducting device in
forward direction and pure blocking device in the reverse direction.

Now how to set up a differential equation for the current I(t), that is
solvable using NDSolve?

Thanks
Mike