Re: How to set up a diff equation for circuit with a diode?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg62831] Re: How to set up a diff equation for circuit with a diode?
- From: Dave <INVALID.See-signature-for-how-to-determine at southminister-branch-line.org.uk>
- Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 00:04:40 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Dec-2005 at southminster-branch-line.org.uk
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
siliconmike wrote: > I'm kind of curious how to set up a nonlinear differential equation and > then solve it using NDSolve in case of the following setup: > > Battery V in series with a diode, R and L. > What you mean like this? http://documents.wolfram.com/mathematica/Demos/Notebooks/ChaoticCircuit.html where it is shown (using a real diode not an ideal one) that chaotic behaviour is possible. -- Dave K http://www.southminster-branch-line.org.uk/ Please note my email address changes periodically to avoid spam. It is always of the form: month-year@domain. Hitting reply will work for a couple of months only. Later set it manually. The month is always written in 3 letters (e.g. Jan, not January etc)