Re: Can you solve my gravity-maths problem in Mathematica?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg62853] Re: [mg62828] Can you solve my gravity-maths problem in Mathematica?
  • From: "Carl K. Woll" <carlw at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 23:10:28 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Paul wrote:
> Hello, I have been working on a simple model of quantum gravity. Like
> atoms have a minimum electron shell distance caused by the quantisation
> of the electromagnetic force my approximation for the average distance
> between particles held together by a graviational force, using my
> model, becomes :
>
> "Find r at the maximum value of:
>
> f(r)   =  exp( m*r )  *  integrate(  exp(-2*m*r)/r^2 , r )
>
> (r>0) "

You really need to distinguish between r the integration variable, and r
the argument to f. Also, if the r^2 in the denominator is the
integration variable, then the integral over r>0 does not converge. So,
change the name of the integration variable, and spell out the limits of
the integration. Then, maybe someone can help you.

Carl Woll
Wolfram Research