Mathematica Programmer vs. Programming in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg63082] Mathematica Programmer vs. Programming in Mathematica
  • From: "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons at>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 03:41:23 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Has anybody read both of Roman Maeder's books _The Mathematica Programmer_
and _Programming in Mathematica_?  I specifically mean the out of print
first volume of the former.  Dose _The Mathematica Programmer_ give a
significantly different perspective than what is presented in _Programming
in Mathematica_?

It is, I believe, the best source for information about the design of his
Classes` package.  The only other source I am aware of is an unavailable
(other than buying the hardcopy) back issue of The Mathematica Journal.
And, if my understanding is correct, that is not as complete as the
discussion in his book.
The Mathematica Wiki:
Math for Comp Sci
Math for the WWW: