Re: How to compute this sum?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg63070] Re: [mg63041] How to compute this sum?
- From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
- Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 03:40:52 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Mathematics & Statistics, Univ. of Mass./Amherst
- References: <200512120325.WAA09948@smc.vnet.net>
- Reply-to: murray at math.umass.edu
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Your notation for the general term is confusing if not ambiguous: it has
the form a/b/c/d. Do you really intend the form to be (a/b)/(c/d)? If
so, then why don't you take a look at what happens to the nth term as n
tends to infinity, and then apply an appropriate theorem?
> sum((-6*2^n*n+3*2^n+2*3^n*n)/(3^n)/(n^2-3*n+2)/(2^n),n = 1 .. Inf)
> thanks a lot!
Murray Eisenberg murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Lederle Graduate Research Tower phone 413 549-1020 (H)
University of Massachusetts 413 545-2859 (W)
710 North Pleasant Street fax 413 545-1801
Amherst, MA 01003-9305
Prev by Date:
Mathematica Programmer vs. Programming in Mathematica
Next by Date:
Re: Pattern matching question and answer
Previous by thread:
How to compute this sum?
Next by thread:
Puzzling HoldFirst behaviour