Re: Re: How to hide a cell?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg63078] Re: Re: How to hide a cell?
  • From: albert <awnl at arcor.de>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 03:41:13 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Murray Eisenberg wrote:

> If you make a cell hidden that way (including making it non-selectable),
> then am I correct that the only way to recover it is to edit the
> notebook as an expression and manually change that cell's options?

hm, you will always notice that there is something at that position if you
select the cell above or below that hidden cell and the scroll up or down
with the up and down keys. I think there is no way around selecting the
cell that way. Then by hitting Ctrl-Shift-E (depending on your version/os)
you will be able to edit the raw expression for the cell. I just tried and
could even change the cell properties with the option inspector, but this
might be version dependent. There might be other ways to still detect and
edit a cell that's hidden this way, I never did an exhaustive search of
every option that a cell can have, nor about every action that could be
done in the notebook. Also I guess that these subtleties are not documented
in every detail.

So the hiding is good enough for many purposes, but if you want to keep
something secret, I wouldn't suggest to use that mechanism for it...

albert