Arriving at a design space using mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg63130] Arriving at a design space using mathematica
  • From: Pradeep Suresh <pradeep at purdue.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 03:06:38 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi all,
This is still a preliminary idea but wanted to get opinions before i
started off, our group wants to do a design space generation using
mathematica wherein we have a mathematical model to predict a certain
property and have specifications in terms of bounds on that calculated
property. we would like to obtain bounds on/(correlation between) the
independent variables in the model that gives rise to the calculated
property lying within reqd limits. i can think of a brute force
technique of running nested 'for' loops on all indep variables and
finding feasible points and taking min max to get bounds(which may not
be totally accurate), is there a more elegant way? graphical way? if
anybody has come across mathematica being put to use for similar
puposes, plz point me in that direction.
i am open to suggestions/ideas.
thanks,
Pradeep