Re: own package doesnt work correctly?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg63156] Re: [mg63139] own package doesnt work correctly?
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 07:22:08 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Symbols like x and I are set up in the package`Private` context once you put
the definition inside the package. So they won't match Global`x or Global`I
in a notebook using the package. You could either add the Global` context to
these symbols in the package, or better yet pass them as parameters to the

partintrulx[x_,I_]:= .....

David Park
djmp at

From: Martin [mailto:ms_usenet at]
To: mathgroup at

I started to - try to - use packages written on my own, using the
Notebook editor, marking the cells as initialization cells, and saving
the NB, producing a .m package at the same time. Using this package did
not seem to produce problems, until I wanted to use the following rule
for partial integration of a product of functions, to integrate the
delta[...] terms:

partintrulx =
Integrate[δ[Derivative[n_, 0][g_][x, t_]]*
     Derivative[m_, 0][f_][x, t_], {x, a_, b_}] /;
   n > 0 :>
  (D[f[x, t], {x, m}]*δ[D[g[x, t], {x, n - 1}]] /.
     δ[D[g[x, t], {x, n - 1}]] /. x -> a) -
   Integrate[D[f[x, t], {x, m + 1}]*
     δ[D[g[x, t], {x, n - 1}]], {x, a, b}]

Using this definition from the package does not seem to work, if I copy
& paste and evaluate it in the Notebook where I want to use it, I can
use it without problems. Have I missed something about the definition
space of package-defined rules?

Thanks for any hint,