Re: Replacement equivalence?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg63239] Re: Replacement equivalence?
- From: David Bailey <dave at Remove_Thisdbailey.co.uk>
- Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 04:19:38 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
carlos at colorado.edu wrote:
> This is a spinoff of an ongoing thread in s.m.s. Could the nonlinear
> b^2 -> 1
> be changed to the linear one
> b-> 1||-1
> x^4 -> 16 to x -> 2||-2||2*I||-2*I
> Any possible side effects?
Quite a few really, for example:
b^2 /. b -> 1 || -1
(1 || -1)^2
Prev by Date:
Re: New MathGL3d Add-On for Mathematica Available
Next by Date:
Unexpected behavior of Simplify
Previous by thread:
Next by thread:
Re: Re: Replacement equivalence?