Re: Replacement equivalence?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg63239] Re: Replacement equivalence?
- From: David Bailey <dave at Remove_Thisdbailey.co.uk>
- Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 04:19:38 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
carlos at colorado.edu wrote: > This is a spinoff of an ongoing thread in s.m.s. Could the nonlinear > replacement > > b^2 -> 1 > > be changed to the linear one > > b-> 1||-1 > > Similarly > x^4 -> 16 to x -> 2||-2||2*I||-2*I > > Any possible side effects? > Hello, Quite a few really, for example: b^2 /. b -> 1 || -1 (1 || -1)^2 David Bailey http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk