- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg63260] "Alternating" function
- From: Renan <renan.birck at gmail.com>
- Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 23:35:44 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I want to make a "nested function" like: x + f[x - f[x + f[x - f[x + f[x]]]]].
I've tried using Nest but I don't find how to keep switching between
Plus and Minus: I would need something that would return an "index" so
I could keep track of when I need to "switch" the operation. (e.g. if
the "index" is odd, the operation is "Plus", otherwise is "Minus")
How can I make this? I looked in the help but didn't find any informations.
Thanks/obrigado, Renan "Wishmaster" Birck - Canoas, Rio Grande do Sul, Brasil
MSN: wizard_of_yendor at hotmail.com
Prev by Date:
Convincing Mathematica that Sqrt[a+b]Sqrt[a-b]==Sqrt[a^2+b^2]
Next by Date:
Re: Expression timing; a black art?
Previous by thread:
Re: Convincing Mathematica that Sqrt[a+b]Sqrt[a-b]==Sqrt[a^2+b^2]
Next by thread:
Re: "Alternating" function