Re: Converting Strings to Ints.

On Dec 22, 2005, at 12:04 AM, Chrisantha wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I have a list of strings representing numbers, i.e. a =
> {"12223","11313","2424"} that I generated in XML and read into
> mathematica. How do I convert this into a list of integers?
>
> Yours Ever and Merry Christmas,
>
> Chrisantha

Here is a newbie approach:

In[1]:=
str = {"12223", "11313",
    "2424"}
Out[1]=
{"12223", "11313", "2424"}

In[2]:=
ToExpression[str]
Out[2]=
{12223, 11313, 2424}

In[3]:=
Head[%[[1]]]
Out[3]=
Integer

János

Trying to argue with a politician is like lifting up the head of a
corpse.
(S. Lem: His Master Voice)