TableForm vs. GridBox

I was under the impression that I could apply GridBox options such as
RowLines to the output of TableForm[].  It now appears to me that I was
mistaken.  I guess it might be rather difficult to second guess what the
user would want in such a circumstance.  OTOH, TableForm has a lot of
convenience that GridBox doesn't provide.  /Can/ GridBox options be applied
to TableForm output in a natural way?
--
The Mathematica Wiki: http://www.mathematica-users.org/
Math for Comp Sci http://www.ifi.unizh.ch/math/bmwcs/master.html