Nonlinear Fittings: range / boundaries are not working :(

Hi all,

I have a hunch that the problem is already known in this group.

But to put it clear:

In functions like NonlinearRegress, you can formally use the syntax
"{symbol, min, max}" - but it is not working!

I found already few posts about it. But still no clear and
easy-to-understand solution can be found (at least I did not find it...).

So, if somebody already solved it, and wrote a code which fixes that
behavior (*any* other reasonable solution is also welcome) - please share
it with me ;)

Regards, Chris

P.S. Mathematica 4.2, Windows 2000 - if anyone cares.