Re: Nonlinear Fittings: range / boundaries are not working :(

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg53949] Re: [mg53898] Nonlinear Fittings: range / boundaries are not working :(
  • From: "Janos D. Pinter" <jdpinter at hfx.eastlink.ca>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 03:15:02 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Chris,

try NMinimize or [my] third-party products MathOptimize and
MathOptimizePro. The optimizers allow the inclusion of constraints (not
only bounds, but arbitrary continuous functions) in your model formulation.

Best regards,
Janos

Janos D. Pinter, PhD, DSc
President & Research Scientist, PCS Inc.
Adjunct Professor, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS, Canada
Research Fellow, University of Ballarat, Vic., Australia

129 Glenforest Drive, Halifax, NS, Canada B3M 1J2
Telephone: +1-(902)-443-5910
Fax: +1-(902)-431-5100; +1-(902)-443-5910
E-mail: jdpinter at hfx.eastlink.ca
Web: www.pinterconsulting.com     www.dal.ca/~jdpinter
Software products: http://www.pinterconsulting.com/Software_Sum_Info.pdf