DLL in windows, Palettes running procedures silently

Answering my own question:
mciExecute = DefineDLLFunction["mciExecute",
	"winmm.dll", "LONG", {"LPSTR"}]

is what I needed to be able to call WinAPI finctions from within
MAthematica.

Now I have
SetCurrentMidi[filename_] := (CurrentMidiFile = filename;)
PlayMidi[filename_] := mciExecute["play " <> filename]
StopMidi[filename_] := mciExecute["stop " <> filename]
PlayCurrent := (PlayMidi[CurrentMidiFile];)
StopCurrent := (StopMidi[CurrentMidiFile];)

and I would like to have PlayCurrent and StopCurrent
on palette buttons which do put the call into the notebook,
just call the functions silently and also, since there is no needed
output, also do not produce anything as output.

Can this be done? I have been unable to accomplish this
playing with the options for buttons.