Extended Expand and ExpandAll.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg54022] Extended Expand and ExpandAll.
- From: Josef Karthauser <joe at tao.org.uk>
- Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 05:30:57 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
ExpandAll is a very useful function. It doesn't however know how to
expand arbitary functions. Imagine that I've got an F[a + b] which I
know is distributive and so,
F[a_ + b_] -> F[a] + F[b].
Is there any way of letting Expand/ExpandAll know that it can also
expand F objects?
Josef Karthauser (joe at tao.org.uk) http://www.josef-k.net/
FreeBSD (cvs meister, admin and hacker) http://www.uk.FreeBSD.org/
Physics Particle Theory (student) http://www.pact.cpes.sussex.ac.uk/
================ An eclectic mix of fact and theory. =================
Prev by Date:
Fourier function...having problems reproducing answers in a paper
Next by Date:
Re: Controlling Print.
Previous by thread:
Re: Fourier function...having problems reproducing answers in a paper
Next by thread:
Re: Extended Expand and ExpandAll.