Extended Expand and ExpandAll.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg54022] Extended Expand and ExpandAll.
- From: Josef Karthauser <joe at tao.org.uk>
- Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 05:30:57 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
ExpandAll is a very useful function. It doesn't however know how to expand arbitary functions. Imagine that I've got an F[a + b] which I know is distributive and so, F[a_ + b_] -> F[a] + F[b]. Is there any way of letting Expand/ExpandAll know that it can also expand F objects? Joe -- Josef Karthauser (joe at tao.org.uk) http://www.josef-k.net/ FreeBSD (cvs meister, admin and hacker) http://www.uk.FreeBSD.org/ Physics Particle Theory (student) http://www.pact.cpes.sussex.ac.uk/ ================ An eclectic mix of fact and theory. =================