Newbie question Re: C# and Mathematica via NETLink

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg54087] Newbie question Re: C# and Mathematica via NETLink
  • From: "news.optonline.net" <forge666spamisbad at spamisbadhotmail.com.lga.highwinds-media.com>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 02:46:25 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi-

I am trying to call Mathematica from C# using NETLink.  I am using NETLink
version 1.1 and can call a "ConsoleWindow" that creates a new Windows form
with a title NETLink 1.1.  I note through my object browser in Microsoft
Visual Suite that MathPictureBox and DoubleBufferedPanel are accessible.
These are all members of Wolfram.NETLink.IU.

I cannot access access any of the members of Wolfram.NETLink such as
IKernelLink, IMathLink, etc.

My question:

Don't I need access to members of Wolfram.NETLink, such as IKernelLink in
particular, to call Mathematica expressions?  There do not appear to be ways
to do this through the three members of Wolfram.NETLink.IU.

Any comments suggestions or examples of code calls for a WindowsApplication
under C# would be apprecited

Thanks,

Rail