Monte Carlo status indicator

I want to somehow display how far I am in a MC simulation.

I could just print the iterating variable in my for loop, but then this
just outputs waaaaaaay too many lines cluttering the output.  Is there
a way to Print overtop a line (i.e. replace a line of output)?

or maybe a plot that slowly changes to make a pretty display?

Cheers and thanks,
Peter