Importing binary file is toooooo slow...
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg54159] Importing binary file is toooooo slow...
- From: "J. K. Smith" <rob at pi-overe.com>
- Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 01:57:08 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I'm using v.22.214.171.124 -- I am importing (wrong word?) binary data from a file: << Utilities`BinaryFiles` y = ReadListBinary["filename", SignedInt16, ByteOrder->LeastSignificantByteFirst]; The file is only 34k bytes long but it takes 16 seconds to do it. This isn't a slow machine so clearly I'm doing something wrong again. I would appreciate any suggestions on how to make this thing sizzle as I feel sure it can. Right now I'm dead if I have to do a big file. Thanks remove the dash if emailing