Importing binary file is toooooo slow...
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg54159] Importing binary file is toooooo slow...
- From: "J. K. Smith" <rob at pi-overe.com>
- Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 01:57:08 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I'm using v.18.104.22.168 --
I am importing (wrong word?) binary data from a file:
y = ReadListBinary["filename", SignedInt16,
The file is only 34k bytes long but it takes 16 seconds to do it. This
isn't a slow machine so clearly I'm doing something wrong again.
I would appreciate any suggestions on how to make this thing sizzle as I
feel sure it can. Right now I'm dead if I have to do a big file.
remove the dash if emailing
Prev by Date:
Monte Carlo status indicator
Next by Date:
Re: VertexStyle determined by List elements
Previous by thread:
Re: Monte Carlo status indicator
Next by thread:
Re: Importing binary file is toooooo slow...