Re: Importing binary file is toooooo slow...

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg54206] Re: [mg54159] Importing binary file is toooooo slow...
  • From: Clifford Martin <camartin at>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 00:21:35 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Actually I don't think you're doing anything wrong.
Mathematica just doesn't do binary file handling very
well ---but if you use the Experimental Binary Import
its much faster.

then commands like you used. It should be faster but
still slow by any other modern program standards. I
generally find Mathematica unsuitable for large binary
files. It is orders of magnitude slower than its major
competitor. Unfortunately!