Re: Importing binary file is toooooo slow...
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg54204] Re: Importing binary file is toooooo slow...
- From: David Bailey <dave at Remove_Thisdbailey.co.uk>
- Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 00:21:34 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
J. K. Smith wrote: > I'm using v.22.214.171.124 -- > > I am importing (wrong word?) binary data from a file: > > << Utilities`BinaryFiles` > > y = ReadListBinary["filename", SignedInt16, > ByteOrder->LeastSignificantByteFirst]; > > The file is only 34k bytes long but it takes 16 seconds to do it. This > isn't a slow machine so clearly I'm doing something wrong again. > > I would appreciate any suggestions on how to make this thing sizzle as I > feel sure it can. Right now I'm dead if I have to do a big file. > > Thanks > > remove the dash if emailing > There is some super-fast binary IO in 5.1 - I guess you will have to upgrade! David Bailey dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk