Re: Re: Re: Re: Bug Report - Two numerical values for a same variable

To me at least the situation seems perfectly logical and natural. All
Mathematica expressions have a well known universal structure.
Functions such as Head, Part,Depth, Level etc refer to this structure.
The concept of "Atom" in Mathematica refers only to this structure and
to nothing else. Operations like Denominator, StringTake etc. are not
universal but valid only for certain types of expressions and have no
relation to this universal structure. Mathematica's "Atoms" basically
correspond to "types" in other programming languages. The words"Atom"
just like "type" is intended to help memory and intuition, it does not
have to capture all the meaning of the word "Atom" or "type" in other
contexts.

Andrzej Kozlowski