Mathematica 5 and Windows XP
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg54563] Mathematica 5 and Windows XP
- From: skirmantas.janusonis at yale.edu (Skirmantas)
- Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 03:11:34 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I suspect Mathematica 5 was the culprit of two nasty Windows XP crashes I have experienced during the past four months. In the second one, Internet Explorer (which was running when Mathematica's kernel crashed) got hopelessly corrupted. I'm not 100% sure it's Mathematica, but it is my prime suspect. Even if it is Mathematica, I'm ready to forgive it because it is such a great piece of software otherwise. However, it would it interesting to know when Mathematica is known to crash and what can be done to avoid destabilizing Windows (which is NOT a great piece of software). After the second crash, my rule is this: don't run anything else when Mathematica is working.