Computing Complex Series Solution using Mathematica (using BesselI)

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg54586] Computing Complex Series Solution using Mathematica (using BesselI)
  • From: Pratik Desai <pdesai1 at>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 03:12:27 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Hello All,

I am trying to check the convergence or lack there of a complex series

where the first six lamda are given as

I want to do more efficiently the following:

I tried using Sum but to no great success, however I found a neat
mathematica notebook on the function Sinh and I found the following
expansion of sinh
\!\(Sinh[z] \[Equal]
    2\ \(\[Sum]\+\(k = 0\)\%\[Infinity] BesselI[2\ k + 1, z]\)\)

I was wondering how I could implement the above series in my application
or anyother approach that would be more feasible .

Pratik Desai