Re: Export Animation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg53384] Re: [mg53355] Export Animation
  • From: "David Annetts" <davidannetts at ihug.com.au>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 23:02:47 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Uli,

> i import a file with mathematica and generate a number of
> graphs. By doubleclicking a graph a nice animation starts.
> Could someone please tell me how it is possible to export the
> whole animation (e.g. in order to be able to use it in a
> presentation with PowerPoint)?

I have done this using the following steps ...

* Export[] each frame of the animation as BMP files after setting ImageSize
& ImageResolution
* assemble a movie from these BMP files using a program such as BMP2AVI (or
XP's MovieMaker) taking care to use a CODEC that combines good compression
with common availability
* importing the AVI to PowerPoint

BMP2AVI (http://www.homeusers.prestel.co.uk/cherryjam/utilities.html, when
last I looked) is quite old but for this purpose, works very well.

Regards,

Dave.