Re: Strange installation problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg53415] Re: Strange installation problem
  • From: "Steven Shippee" <droukas at comcast.net>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 01:30:47 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

You have to be a member of the "administrators" group to install software.

Check to see whether or not you are -

Right mouse click "My Computer"
Left click "manage"
Expand Local Users and Groups
Select Groups
Select/open Administrators and see whether or not you are a member of this
group.

If not, add yourself to this group or right click on the mathematica
executable, then choose "run as" and use the local administrator's
credentials.

Steven Shippee

news:crsuts$dou$1 at smc.vnet.net...