Re: Strange installation problem

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg53415] Re: Strange installation problem
  • From: "Steven Shippee" <droukas at>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 01:30:47 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

You have to be a member of the "administrators" group to install software.

Check to see whether or not you are -

Right mouse click "My Computer"
Left click "manage"
Expand Local Users and Groups
Select Groups
Select/open Administrators and see whether or not you are a member of this

If not, add yourself to this group or right click on the mathematica
executable, then choose "run as" and use the local administrator's

Steven Shippee

news:crsuts$dou$1 at