Re: mathematica installation problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg53451] Re: mathematica installation problem
  • From: Roland Franzius <roland.franzius at uos.de>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 03:41:23 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Yan ZHANG wrote:
> After successful installation in my computer, I entered the correct liscence
> number, mathid and password. Then, after click "OK" button, I got a dialog
> with title "Mathematica for Windows Version 5.0" and the information
> "Mathematica for Windows Version 5.0 has encountered a problem and needs to
> close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.". There are buttons on the
> dialog, "Send Error Report", "Don't Send", suggesting whether I would like
> to send the errror report to Microsoft.
>
> Any comments or the similar experirnce in this?Thank you very much for your
> suggestions.
>
> BTW, I have re-installed for a few times and got the same problem.

Sometimes Mathematica Installer encounters
security/firewall/adminstrative rights problems.

Right click the setup.exe, choose properties/advanced/compatibility and
give it a win2k environment. Analog if the same problem occurs with
Mathematica.exe installed.

If this doesn't work try:

In Windows XP (home) start the computer and at boot press F8 and choose
the secure boot option. Log in as Administrator and install Mathematica.
This should work even with servicepack 2 and firewall activated.

--

Roland Franzius