Looking for Window Version of "Factorization.m" program

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg53500] Looking for Window Version of "Factorization.m" program
  • From: "Gilmar" <gilmar.rodriguez at>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 08:55:02 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I'm attempting to use the program "Factorization" available at:

After copying the file "Factorization.m" into the directory:

"C:\Program Files\Wolfram

and calling the program via:

Mathematica gives me a string of messages:
"SetDelayed::Write : Tag  Cos in Cos[Pix_Factorization]
is Protected".

When I inspect the code in Factorization.m, I find that
this program is built for the Macinstosh.  The author
is no longer available at his e-mail address.

Does anyone have a Windows version of this program?

The program gives the prime decomposition of an integer
in terms of powers of primes in the attractive form:

Factorization[n] =(p1^a1)*(p2^a2)*...(pn^an)

rather than the form given by "FactorInteger[n]"; namely,
n ={{p1,a1},{p2,a2},...{pn,an}}.  Factorization[n] is also
capable of producing a similar factorization for a Complex

Thank you for your help!