[Date Index] [Thread Index] [Author Index]
Problems with ExtendGraphics/Delaunay Triangulation
Hi, I've been having a problem with the Delaunay Triangulation command, "Delaunay" in a Mathematica notebook I am using. The problem is, the program seems to lock up for certain data sets. Specifically, I have a 2D array of about 3000 nodes that locks it up. I did some experiments, and found that it worked fine for the first 1550 nodes, but not the first 1575 nodes. Upon looking at the data set, I noticed that 4 nodes in that range (between 1500 & 1575) were consecutively numbered and in a straight line. When I altered this values by less than 1%, the Delaunay triangulation worked fine. So, I decided to go back to my code (as I was writing this question, as a matter of fact!), and added a small random number to every value in my matrix. This is not an ideal solution, but it seems to work for now. I'd still like to figure out what the problem with the Delaunay triangulation is, and find out if there are better solutions to my problem. Thank you very much. You've already been a big help!