  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg53605] element selection
  • From: "Bruyndonckx P." <pbruynd at vub.ac.be>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 03:47:45 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have two long sorted lists of Integers.  If the difference between a number in list 1 and a
number in list 2 is less than a certain value, both are selected to create a couple.  I am
looking for a fast way to go through both lists and extract these elements to create a new list
of couples.  I tried a number of things, but all of them were rather slow so I need some expert
advice here.

Thx,

Peter