TableForm and MatrixForm

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg53616] TableForm and MatrixForm
  • From: "Blimbaum, Jerry AA R22" <jerry.blimbaum at>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 03:48:01 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

A recent question about outputting the following table as a 3 col matrix

gave 2 responses.....

The output of these 2 is quite dissimilar....MatrixForm puts a
parentheses around the table and centers the expressions on each
line....whereas TableForm doesn't output parentheses nor does it center
the expressions on each line.....Is this intentional or an
oversight?.....I dont like the parentheses but I dont like the
expressions not centered on the column either....

Jerry blimbaum