Re: Re: PlotLegend not an option for PLot? 5.1

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg53707] Re: [mg53692] Re: PlotLegend not an option for PLot? 5.1
  • From: yehuda ben-shimol <benshimo at>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 03:37:28 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Yes Bill,
You are right (and I'm apologize for that, it just looked too basic even
to try it, since I worked quite a bit with PlotLegend, but eventually
never tried to set a permanent setting for it as ).
I checked again, and loading the "Legend" package DO NOT change the
options of Plot (although written differently in the help for the
PlotLegend), that is
returns True.
and PlotLegend does not appear in AbsoluteOptions[g] (but other options
of Plot do such as Ticks do appear).
However, it seems that PlotLegend effects the
"Graphics`Legend`Private`text$..." variable.
Does anyone have an idea what is going on here (I'll look later if there
is something relevant in M. Trott's book on graphics)

(apologizing again)