Latex + Mathematica EPS file problems

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg53739] Latex + Mathematica EPS file problems
  • From: Torquil Madonald Sørensen <torquil at>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 04:36:13 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I have a latex document containing several eps-plots generated by
Mathematica 5. The eps files have labels on the axes containing letters,
parentheses and slashes.

This worked fine until I decided to include a Mathematica-notebook saved
to Latex format as an appendix . I added

to the preamble, and added the texmf subdirectory in the mathematica
installation folder into my latex search path.
In addition, I added the line

since otherwise I got error messages regarding this command in the
exported mathematica-notebook.

Then a new problem appeared: The slashes and parentheses on the text
labels on the axes of my eps-plots disappeared after I included the
mathematica notebook appendix, but the ordinary letters were still
there. Does anybody know how to fix this problem?