Simplify problems for checking easy equalities...
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg53856] Simplify problems for checking easy equalities...
- From: cyruserik at tele2.se (Cyrus Erik Eierud)
- Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 03:18:19 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Please Help! Thanks for all great answers I've already found here! My problem is that I can not simplify what to me seems as a very simple equality task. This is what I want Mathematica to return zero for: in:= FullSimplify[Log[x^n] - n*Log[x]] out= -n Log[x] + Log[x^n]) I have used Simplify to check equalities, but the one above (and many other equations similar to the one above) just don't simplify. Am I doing anything wrong or does anyone know of a better way to check equalities? Appreciate any help, Cyrus Eierud, Student cyruserik at tele2.se