Simplify problems for checking easy equalities...

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg53856] Simplify problems for checking easy equalities...
  • From: cyruserik at tele2.se (Cyrus Erik Eierud)
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 03:18:19 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Please Help!

Thanks for all great answers I've already found here!
My problem is that I can not simplify what to me seems as a very
simple equality task. This is what I want Mathematica to return zero
for:

in[1]:= FullSimplify[Log[x^n] - n*Log[x]]

out[1]= -n Log[x] + Log[x^n])

I have used Simplify to check equalities, but the one above (and many
other equations similar to the one above) just don't simplify. Am I
doing anything wrong or does anyone know of a better way to check
equalities?

Appreciate any help,
Cyrus Eierud, Student
cyruserik at tele2.se