Re: Periodic function Roots

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg58401] Re: Periodic function Roots
  • From: dh <dh at>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 02:01:54 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

do I understand your question right?
You want to get expansion coefficients A,B,.. in a cosine expansion of
the periodic function K.
Toward this aim, there is:

here is an example: Let K= Mod[t^2,2 Pi] then we get the n-th expansion
coefficient by:

FourierCosCoefficient[Mod[t^2, 2Pi], t, n]

the first few are: {1/12, -Pi^(-2), 1/(4*Pi^2),

sincerely, Daniel