Function to handle array with variable _number_ of dimensions?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg58509] Function to handle array with variable _number_ of dimensions?
- From: Joe Christy <joe at eshu.net>
- Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 01:57:48 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I'd like to write a function that takes two integer arguments, P and Q
say, and then returns a value calculated from the P x P x ... x P (Q
factors) array, whose entries depend on both P and Q. My first impulse
is to try and iterate over the array, but I don't see how to generate a
non-fixed number of iteration variables.
Does anyone have a suggestion of a good way to do this, short of writing
a a distinct variant function for each possible value of Q?
============================= Joe Christy ==============================
------------------ http://public.xdi.org/=joe.christy ------------------
== If I can save you any time, give it to me, I'll keep it with mine. ==
Prev by Date:
display of function
Next by Date:
Partial diff equations
Previous by thread:
Re: display of function
Next by thread:
Re: Function to handle array with variable _number_ of dimensions?