Any ideas about solving an underdetermined system?

Dear Mathematica ers,

Mathematica has a method of given the mininum-length solution.

Let (x1, x2, ...) be a solution, I want that there are as many X-es equal to 0.

In other words, I want to solving a  underdetermined system in which
many unknowns might be 0. And if I known which ones are 0, then the
system may be simplified to a overdetermined one.

Any ideas?