- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg58580] Re: superscripts
- From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:46:12 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: The Open University, Milton Keynes, England
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Stan Gianzero wrote: > If it is possible, I would like to ask the following two questions: > (1) All superscripts in Mathematica default to exponents. I would like > to have the superscript become another label as with subscripts. The > reason I wish to do this is that many of matrix elements that I use > have a superscript ZERO. Consequently, Mathematica produces UNITY for > all such elements. Hi Stan, You may find the following thread very interesting: _Assigning to superscripted variables_, started by Dave Snead on May 13 2002, 6:08 am http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica/browse_thread/thread/32416898239235a3/7d6339bd44a24e42?q=superscript&rnum=7&hl=en#7d6339bd44a24e42 (especially the use of the package Utilities`Notation` and/or the Tensor Calculus package). > (2) I would like to be able to provide information to Mathematica that > helps avoid a log singularity in a definite integral. This is best > described in my attachment. > > [Contact the author to obtain the attachment - moderator] > Please, send me your attachment. Best regards, /J.M.