Mathematica: how to set the format of binary numbers in plotting?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg58611] Mathematica: how to set the format of binary numbers in plotting?
- From: "1.156" <rob at piovere.com>
- Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 05:12:25 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I use BinaryReadList[filename, "Integer16"] to bring in an array of numbers. I then do a bunch of operations on these numbers and then try to plot them. They should be signed integers and interpreted in 2's complement but apparently they have been converted to unsigned binary as far as I can tell -- and the plots are horrible. Can someone tell me how you can specify the interpretation (signed or unsigned) of numbers before they are used in ListPlot ? Thanks.