Re: Mathematica: how to set the format of binary numbers in plotting?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg58631] Re: Mathematica: how to set the format of binary numbers in plotting?
- From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at earthlink.net>
- Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 16:51:58 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 7/10/05 at 5:12 AM, rob at piovere.com (1.156) wrote: >I use BinaryReadList[filename, "Integer16"] to bring in an array of >numbers. I then do a bunch of operations on these numbers and then >try to plot them. They should be signed integers and interpreted in >2's complement but apparently they have been converted to unsigned >binary as far as I can tell -- and the plots are horrible. >Can someone tell me how you can specify the interpretation (signed >or unsigned) of numbers before they are used in ListPlot ? The determination as to whether the data is signed or unsigned is made by BinaryReadList not ListPlot. Using type "Integer16", reads the data as signed 16 bit integers. If you want to treat the file as unsigned, you need to use type "UnsignedInteger16" in place of "Integer16". -- To reply via email subtract one hundred and four