Notebook Style problems?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg58738] Notebook Style problems?
- From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
- Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 01:03:46 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Stanford University
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I have a Mathematica 5.1 notebook, running under Mac OS 10.3.9 and using
the default style sheet, that's not cooperating, and I don't understand
1) I keep setting the File >> Printing Settings >> Page Setup setting
for this notebook to landscape rather than portrait, but this setting
doesn't stick -- it reverts to portrait -- every time I Save + Close,
and then Open again.
Shouldn't this setting stick? (as is the case with every other kind of
Mac document I know of) Or do I have to Import a Private Copy on the
style sheet? (except I just tried that, and it doesn't seem to make
this setting stick either)
2) I want to set the font size for the Subsubsection prototype to 14
point Helvetica. It seems to have gotten permanently set to 18 point --
larger than the Subsection font size! --perhaps as a result of my
earlier editing attempts.
Editing the style sheet, selecting Prototype for Subsubsection, and
using Option Inspector to find FontSize shows 18 as the size it's set to
and only offers . . . , 10, 12, 18, 24 . . . in the drop down menu. I
can select the "18" shown as the current setting and type 14 -- or
select 12 from the drop down menu, but neither of them stick when I
click elsewhere in the window.
How do I make this change?
Prev by Date:
Re: How do I add a secondary y-axis to MultipleListPlot
Next by Date:
Re: Re: Graphical modeling of extinct lifeforms with Mathematica
Previous by thread:
Re: refining expression in terms of real numbers
Next by thread:
Re: Notebook Style problems?