Re: formatting question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg58850] Re: formatting question
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.ch>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 03:07:56 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hallo Daniele,
you will have to lear about Styles and Counters.
E.g. here is example, where the text you enter by hand is quoted to show
the automatic numbering:

1 "Section 1"
2 "Section 2"
3 "Section 3"
3.1 "Subsection 3.2"
3.2 "Subsection 3.1"

this can be done by:
= Enter Option 1 in a new cell. Set the style of this cell to e.g. Section
= Click at the beginning of the new cell (just before "O") and choose
from the menue "Input/Create Automatic Numbering Object...". Choose
"CounterType" as Section and hit the button O.K. This should give a "1"
before "Option 1.
= Enter Option 2 in a new cell. Set the style of this cell to Section
= Click at the beginning of the new cell (just before "O") and choose
from the menue "Input/Create Automatic Numbering Object...". Choose
"CounterType" as Section and hit the button O.K. This should give a "2"
before "Option 2.
= similar for Option 3
= now the subsections. Enter Option 3.1 in a new cell. Set the style of
this cell to Subsection
== Click at the beginning of the new cell (just before "O") and choose
from the menue "Input/Create Automatic Numbering Object...". Choose
"CounterType" as Section and hit the button O.K. This should give a "3"
before "Option 3.1.
== insert a period after the section humber
== Choose from the menue "Input/Create Automatic Numbering Object...".
Choose "CounterType" as Subsection and hit the button O.K. This should
give a "1" after the section number
== similar for the rest

sincerely, Daniel