Follow-on: StyleForm and font selection
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg58914] Follow-on: StyleForm and font selection
- From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
- Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 05:32:34 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Stanford University
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
As a follow-on to a recent post:
1) Suppose I prepare a graphic -- or any Mathematica output -- with an
Input cell containing
StyleForm[ "my text", FontFamily-> "someFont" ]
with "someFont" being available on my system; and Mathematica doesn't
give me any error messages about missing fonts or other problems when I
evaluate that cell; and the resulting Output cell appears OK on screen;
and I then save that Output cell to a file (on the same system).
Shouldn't *all* the characters in "my text" then be in "someFont"?
(Or else an error msg be delivered? Can I trust StyleForm to do what
it's told to do?)
2) Should it make *any* difference in the exported file whether I
accomplish the above using the Edit >> Save Selection As >> EPS menu
command, or by evaluating an Export[ ] cell in my notebook?
This is with Mathematica 5.1 on Mac OS 10.3.9.
Prev by Date:
Re: Mathematica 5.2: The 64-bit and multicore release
Next by Date:
Re: New to Mathematica- How to write functions????????
Previous by thread:
Best style sheet for MS Word looking documents ?
Next by thread:
Re: Follow-on: StyleForm and font selection