- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg59052] silly questions?
- From: Kent Holing <KHO at statoil.com>
- Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 01:26:27 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Why does not (x^5-32)/(x-2)//FullSimplify in Mathematica work?
Compare with Factor[x^5-32]//InputForm which returns (-2 + x)*(16 + 8*x + 4*x^2 + 2*x^3 + x^4).
So why does not the first command just return 16 + 8*x + 4*x^2 + 2*x^3 + x^4?
As in a factorization above, how is the easiest way to pick automatically (by a function) the factors of say degree >=2, if any ?
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Visualization site updates - game theory and magnetic fields
Previous by thread:
Re: Simplification question
Next by thread:
Re: silly questions?