Re: Re: Re: Casting a Command as a String

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg59020] Re: Re: [mg58962] Re: Casting a Command as a String
  • From: Bruce Colletti <vze269bv at>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 01:24:41 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Please disregard my last note.  Thanks to your reply, here's the code I've sought:

f[x_] := ShowGraph[x,PlotLabel->ToString@HoldForm@x];

From: Januk Aggarwal <ggroup at>
To: mathgroup at
Subject: [mg59020] Re: [mg58962] Re: Casting a Command as a String

Hi Bruce,

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 08:09:43 -0500 (CDT), Bruce Colletti wrote

> Thank you for the reply.  The approach, while instructive
> (expecially in how you've used Hold), is longer than hoped for.

No worries, I'm still new to Mathematica myself, so I am very aware that
there are likely much more efficient ways of doing pretty well everything.
I think I've learned more in a week on this group than

I personally liked Stephen Layland's modification of what I proposed: