Setting gridlines thickness in Plot
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg58939] Setting gridlines thickness in Plot
- From: carlos at colorado.edu
- Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 01:21:58 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
The problem: The default thickness of framelines, gridlines and tickmarks in Plot  is 0.25pt. This is too thin for typical figure reductions in journals & books, and may disappear from the printed version. The question: I want to set the thickness of frameline, gridlines and ticks to 2, 1.25 and 1 pt, respectively. These are good values for typical paper figures. How do I do that? (At the moment I do it with Illustrator postprocessing) Note: the online help is not much help. There a passing mention on setting Gridlines thickness with PlotStyle, but no examples. What would be nice is to reset the defaults once and for all. Thanks for any help.